Start your dream job as a referral nurse with us!
Putting pets first – Based in the heart of Cheshire, Eye Vet Referrals is a dedicated ophthalmic practice providing the best ocular care for pets in a friendly, comfortable and professional environment.
Our dedicated ophthalmology referral practice allows our registered veterinary nurses to see both routine and emergency cases as they work alongside a friendly team of experienced veterinary surgeons. With great career progression opportunities, our team of nurses benefit from further training in ophthalmology. They regularly attend courses to keep up-to-date on recent nursing developments in the industry.
Our team of nurses work alongside our veterinary ophthalmologists and undertake further training in ophthalmology and regularly attend courses to keep up to date on recent nursing developments.
What can we offer you as a referral nurse?
- We are a dedicated ophthalmology practice that has a gold standard of patient care
- We have both full-time and part-time opportunities available. As well as flexibility with our rotas to help with work-life balance!
- Our hospital location is conveniently located very close to the M56
- Our patients include dogs, cats, rabbits, guinea pigs, geese, and occasional zoo animals!
- No ophthalmology experience is needed as a full training plan is given
- Industry-led benefits:
- 5 weeks holiday + bank holidays + Birthday Leave
- RCVS and VDS fees paid, external CPD funded and extensive free online Linnaeus CPD program
- Career progression opportunities
- Staff discount schemes
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced sickness pay and enhanced equal family leave
- E-car salary sacrifice scheme
- Employer contribution pension scheme
- Wellness programme
- Recruitment referral reward scheme.
A dedicated team with experienced discipline-specific nurses
Working alongside our single disciplinary team of veterinary ophthalmologists, our nursing team get the opportunity to specialise in ophthalmology and also benefit from the experience and support of our anaesthesia and analgesia Specialists and clinicians.
Our hospital is also a training centre, where we have veterinary students from the University of Liverpool who will attend some of our training events.
Don't take our word for it
"I've been working at Eye Vet for almost 11 years. I have never worked in such a supportive team as I do now. We discuss changes and are open to try new ideas. I do not believe I would find a more amazing team to work with."
"After only being a member of the team for 3 months, I can honestly say the team at Eye Vet including all vets, nurses, PCAs and client care team are welcoming, professional and caring in all aspects of their roles. I am very glad I made the move from first opinion to Eye Vet."
"I couldn't ask for a better group of people to work with - they are like my second family. Their loving, caring and professional nature is forefront of everything they do. Seeing a patient come in blind and then go home visual is job satisfaction to the max. There is excellent work/life balance and the support received from the whole team is superb."
"Best work-life balance I've ever had"
"Good work-life balance. Regular bakery orders. Always get a lunch break. Few and far between OOH work. Amazing support from dedicated anaesthetists. I love the team I work with."
INTERESTED IN EXPERIENCING LIFE AS A REFERRAL NURSE AT OUR PRACTICE?
We look forward to welcoming you to one of our nurse experience days. It gives you a chance to meet the team, enjoy a guided tour of the practice hospital and learn about our nursing opportunities.
To register your interest, follow the link below and a member of the team will get in touch about arranging a date suitable for you.